An Introduction to Campaign Management software
Campaign management is the planning, execution, tracking and analysis of direct marketing campaigns. Campaign management embraces public relations, product development and sales to create, execute, monitor and measure marketing campaigns directed at specific target audiences. The potential demand for products and services is estimated, and the most cost-effective and efficient means of reaching consumers is determined.
Campaign management software describes technological solutions designed to handle the various components of a marketing campaign. Applications help organisations segment, target and manage multi-channel marketing messages. Functionality typically includes data mining, customer segmentation, customer-event triggering, and campaign optimisation.
|Bpm online||$2870/yr||Visit website|
1. HubSpot Marketing is a cloud-based all-in-one marketing software platform. It helps companies of all sizes create a web presence, convert online traffic into leads that can be tracked and nurtured, and analyse business metrics to ensure marketing campaigns are on track.
HubSpot Marketing can handle both B2B and B2C business in a variety of segments, including accounting, retail, real estate and more.
The solution offers a variety of features to promote content online, track website performance, optimise content and more. The built-in SEO tool helps users improve search rankings for their web pages, and enhance lead quality. Users can manage email outreach and social media engagements with their clients.
All site traffic and lead-activity is collected and analysed to ensure that marketing efforts are accurately drive. The system also integrates with almost any CRM system, as well as with a variety of e-commerce shopping cart platforms.
2. Exponea is an analytics and engagement automation solution which equips marketers with deep insights about customers, and automates marketing campaign execution processes.
Intuitive dashboards display information, performance indicators and metrics. Detailed customer profiles contain all the user attributes on the basis of their behavioural history.
Analytics help in creating clear customer segments for precision tracking, and provide funnels to identify the gaps which can be filled to increase conversions, and identify trends of repeat purchases.
Exponea includes a marketing automation tool which helps in planning and executing email and SMS marketing campaigns. It also personalises websites for visitors, and recommends products to them on the basis of their past behaviour.
Integration solutions help in connecting the platform with a client’s existing systems and third party applications. The program can be deployed either on premise or hosted in the cloud.
3. HasOffers is a professional performance analytical tool that helps users track each aspect of their affiliate business with a wide range of features and capabilities. HasOffers comes with an easy user interface which is compatible with mobile devices like iPhones and iPads, and provides a snapshot dashboard, a virtual user view, customisable user quick links, and affiliate and advertiser interfaces.
Other functionality includes the ability to create offers easily, a range of conversion tracking methods, affiliate management and payment programs, and fast and customisable reporting. There is also first-class customer support in the form of live chat, telephone and email, account managers and a support wiki.
However, HasOffers charges an expensive monthly fee, which means it is suitable only for professional and larger organisations. Furthermore, tracking is limited in terms of clicks, conversions and impressions, with additional fees for further tracking capacity.
4. Bpm’online marketing is one module of a suite of products under the umbrella grouping of Bpm’online, which is a CRM solution for marketing, sales and service automation. The solution allows companies to manage the customer lifecycle, from lead to sales, and ongoing customer service.
The solution provides users with the ability to view marketing, sales and service activities through a single CRM platform. It consists of three integrated products, which can be used together, or as separate applications.
Bpm’online Marketing is a multi-channel marketing application which enables marketing specialists to seek and support ongoing communication with clients.
Bpm’online Sales is a sales force automation tool for managing the sales cycle from lead generation to managing repeat customers.
Bpm’online Service provides customer service tools to help with customer engagement.
The software can be deployed on-demand as a cloud-based solution or on site, where data is hosted in-house on a company’s servers. The system is both Windows and iOS compatible, and is supported by a mobile app.
5. iContact Pro is a marketing automation solution with tools and services for online marketing teams. It is designed for organisations of all sizes. It simplifies marketing automation, and integrates email marketing, landing pages, social media management, and analytics in a comprehensive cloud-based platform.
Users can quickly create effective email campaigns using a vast collection of professional templates, and take advantage of segmentation and testing to target leads, based on a customer’s interactions.
iContact Pro allows users to create attractive, mobile-responsive, landing pages to drive visitors to their website. The application tracks website activity as well as traffic on email and social networks. By creating custom experiences, users can target customers with the right content at the right time. Users can also optimise their marketing strategies through automatically qualified leads.
The program offers easy to understand analytics so that users can create, track and measure marketing campaigns. The social CRM tracks and records every interaction with possible customers, including emails, social media, landing pages, news release and website visits.
6. Wishpond is a cloud-based CRM solution. Key features include landing pages, forms for contests and promotions, marketing automation, email marketing, lead management and scoring and lead profiles.
Users can build, publish and A/B text landing pages through Wishpond, and can also design web pop-ups to help convert visitors into leads. The solution enables users to run Facebook sweepstakes, photo contests, Instagram hashtag contests, and more. They can also create personalised emails that will be automatically sent to leads based on their activities and details.
Wishpond’s lead management model creates leads databases, and scores leads based on their activity. The lead database includes details on leads such as website activity, emails opened, and more.
7. InsightSquared is a cloud-based business intelligence suite which offers key features including activity tracking, employee scorecards, sales forecasting, ratios and KPIs, data quality monitoring and more. It caters to the needs of small and medium-sized firms.
The system’s data monitoring engine identifies and alerts users to common data entry errors and provides status emails, which deliver daily summaries of the users’ choice of key data, allowing executives to stay up to date with sales and team activities. It helps users analyse historical data, forecast upcoming deals, evaluate client success, and monitor employees.
InsightSquared delivers real-time reporting and provides pipeline visibility. It automatically generates multiple forecast models for users to compare which model suits their business requirements. The reporting module provides data on how each sales rep is performing.
The solution integrates with CRM (Customer Relationship Manager) and ATS (Applicant Tracking Systems) solutions.
8. SilverPop provides marketing automation and email marketing solutions to mid-size and enterprise organisations in industries like banking, transportation, hospitality and more. SilverPop’s technology helps marketers develop and deliver relevant, targeted, multi-channel campaigns.
SilverPop Engage offers multiple lead-scoring functionality, providing the tools necessary to let marketers create multiple scoring models, which can be segmented by product line. It also allows them to print lead-scoring models to give sales people a visualisation of the process.
The software’s Snooze feature helps minimise costly list churn by giving contacts another alternative to unsubscribing – allowing them to take a temporary break from their email messages rather than opting out completely.
PlacePunch helps marketers engage customers via location check-ins that can be incorporated into multi-channel marketing campaigns. Social sign-in allows users to use their social identities to sign-in, rather than rely on lengthier registration processes.
9. Percolate offers content management, brand and channel management, and social media management all within one suite. It is a web-based digital marketing platform designed for mid-size and large companies.
The system allows businesses to centralise brand and channel management activities to improve the customer experience across all customer touchpoints. It also offers an end-to-end content creation, and a brand publishing platform that helps users distribute content to organic and paid social media, websites, and other marketing channels.
The solution includes social media management tools to help users with content creation, distribution, paid media, audience management, social listening, analytics and customer care, as well as a unified portal to meet digital content marketing needs.
10. SharpSpring is a fully-integrated cloud-based marketing tool that offers CRM, marketing automation, mobile and social marketing, sales team automation, customer service and more, all within one solution. It can be used by businesses of all sizes in a range of industries, including advertising, insurance, telecoms and more.
The program can interface with any CRM solution on the market, so users are able to keep their existing system and any information within it.
SharpSpring’s lead nurturing and scoring tools can track an individual lead’s page visits, demographics and engagement. TheVisitor ID feature helps identify anonymous site visitors by looking up their IP addresses, allowing users to see who is viewing their site, including their name and contact information.
Other features include a Landing Page Builder and a Blog Builder. The program also offers a library of designs and templates from which to choose.
Choosing the best Campaign Management software
There is a wide array of campaign management software available on the market and it can be hard to know which solution is best for a particular business. It is important, therefore, to determine in advance needs and requirements, bearing in mind factors such as size of business, budget, types of marketing campaigns being conducted, marketing channels, and business type.
Once a shortlist has been compiled, available solutions should be compared against it to identify best-fit. Then free trial and product demos arranged to test benefits and features, before making any decision to buy or subscribe.
Types of Campaign Management software
Campaign Management software is typically categorised according to method of deployment, whether this is on premise, hosted on a vendor’s servers, or cloud-based.
Campaign management software helps users automate the execution of promotions and online marketing campaigns, and encompasses both inbound and outbound marketing campaign activities. Software can be used to conduct marketing campaigns over multi-channels targeted at both individuals and groups, and then the impact of campaign activities can be tracked.