What is Reseller Hosting?
Reseller hosting can be defined as a type of web hosting wherein the account owner has the capacity to utilize an apportioned drive space and bandwidth to host websites on the account of third-parties. Simply put, reseller hosting can be interpreted as the relationship between the wholesaler and the retailer in which the former leases their servers to the latter before it is being distributed to clients. Alternatively, the reseller can also obtain permission to sell bandwidth and space from a shared server to save money in the process.
Moreover, reseller hosting is all about reliability, affordability, and flexibility as it often times display that every website can work efficaciously if the most appropriate hosting technique is incorporated. What makes reseller hosting relatively attractive is that it does not require an in-depth knowledge of the technical aspects of web hosting. As a matter of fact, the data center operator is usually responsible for managing network infrastructure, dedicated owner configurations, hardware, security, and updates on the server.
By the same token, reseller hosting also allows you to have more control over your website as well as capitalize on a plethora of features without the added cost of purchasing a dedicated server. Normally, most reseller plans are significantly low when compared to dedicated solutions, thereby, leaving your business with more financial resources for other areas of your site. In addition, reseller hosting can likewise help companies generate income and revenue by reselling space on their sites.
Things To Consider When Choosing A Reseller Hosting Company
Cost-efficiency, scalability, and accessibility make reseller web hosting a masterstroke among entrepreneurs. Additionally, reseller hosting is dubbed as a great business idea as it is logistically easy and involves low investment. Keeping all these benefits aside, reseller hosting can be a cutthroat field of business as it associates with the continuous challenge of retaining customers in a particular domain.
- Type According To Application: Ordinarily, reseller hosting is subdivided into two application packages specifically the Windows Reseller Hosting and Linux Reseller Hosting. The kinds of websites you will be hosting are the key elements of the hosting you will pick. Additionally, the main difference between two hosting plans is the application being used with Linux operating PHP and MySQL programs while Windows running MSSQL and ASP. On a related note, it is also worth understanding that you will be charged per customer so it is advisable to consider the types of site you want to host.
- Data Operations: When it comes to data operations, there are also two classifications of reseller hosting namely, the HDD reseller hosting and the SDD reseller hosting. Making SDD reseller hosting most recommendable for businesses is that it is highly-interoperable and electronic. In addition, SSD also possesses quicker loading speeds and better performance as well as a minimal possibility of data loss. HDD hosting, on the other hand, works hand in hand with the hard disk drive technology for efficient backup.
- Good Uptime Score: As a reseller, it is mandatory to choose for a parent company with around-the-clock operating web hosts, that runs on dynamic servers and steady network connections. In most cases, the reseller should seek a company with a minimum uptime score of more than 99.5% since a rate below this could negatively impact your client’s business operations. Addedly, a good uptime score can also foster stronger client relationships as well as increase your search engine optimization ranking as Google normally monitors websites and will penalize it if it continuously finds it offline.
- Customizable Packages: It is common knowledge that the need of every client is distinctive so as a reseller, it is a must that you should be selling customized bundles. Each pricing packages must contain an assigned bandwidth, emails, domains along with a sizable amount of disk space to it. Prior to customizing packages, it is also worth forecasting the growth of your clientele to make it easier to scale as they evolve over a period of time.
- Regular Maintenance: Regular maintenance is also one of the things to consider when choosing a reseller hosting plan as the parent web host needs to be able to oversee server maintenance and hardware setup as well as efficiently implement software updates and security measures. To guarantee 24/7 operation, the upstream hosting provider also needs to offer custom firewall configuration, DDOS mitigation services, and Hyper Availability along with a multiplex of redundancies.
- Responsive Customer Support: Like it or not, every client expects 24/7 support and instant response in any business, which makes a user-friendly customer support system and a sound grievance redressal the most decisive aspects of a reselling business. Keeping this facets into consideration, the hosting partner must be able to indulge you and your clients a sound customer support. After all, you are the face of the parent web host in a reselling business.
What Is 1&1 Hosting?
1&1 hosting is a web service provider which offers small and medium companies with a portfolio of solutions to get their businesses present online and working in the digital environment. Known as the largest hosting company in Europe, 1&1 hosting manages over eight million contracts and hosts more than 12 million domains in their own regional data centers. Powered by more than three decades of experience, 1&1 hosting assists everyone in building a highly-customized cloud infrastructure as well as develop and test projects effectively.
What is more is that 1&1 hosting is also equipped with ISO 27001-certified data centers which are guaranteed to deliver top-notch performance, data security, and geo-redundancy. In connection with geo-redundancy, 1&1 hosting likewise flaunts a geo-redundant infrastructure which works in mirroring your data in two data centers to make sure that your website is always available. Other than that, its data centers are further buttressed with multiple redundant fiber optic connections that operate on 360-gigabit per second and a 100% uptime guarantee.
Likewise, it is also dandified with upstream firewalls that filter traffic with multiple firewalls to minimize risks and threats. With 1&1 hosting, a reseller can guarantee that their products and data are safely stored as its data centers promise maximum availability and have passed the strictest security and performance standards. Plus, it also performs daily backups to ensure that your data are always updated and protected from human errors and disasters as well as system crashes.
Notably, 1&1 hosting offers businesses with a myriad of services that are related to domains, email, security, e-Commerce, marketing and advertising, online accounting, and hosting. Outlined below is a summary of its hosting services.
- Web Hosting: Its web hosting bundles provides everyone with easy performance and scalable administration. It also comes with a level five performance that indulges you with a 19 GB RAM and a 768 MB PHP memory limit, which indicates that your site can handle at least 500 visitors per minute. On top of that, it also exhibits an HTTP/2 protocol which ensures fast page load times for SSL-encrypted traffic.
- Cloud Hosting: 1&1 cloud hosting plans, on the other hand, is geared with instantly deployable applications such as Joomla, WordPress, and Drupal. In addition, it also coddles businesses with CPU vCores, SSD storages, memory, and dedicated resources. In fact, you can also choose to calibrate your RAM and vCores at any given time to harmonize with the demands of your applications and websites as well as maintain full control of your usage and monitor costs per minute.
- Dedicated Hosting: Meanwhile, 1&1 dedicated hosting solutions tender businesses with powerful resources to manage traffic spikes and advanced security features that include SiteLock and Wildcard SSL certificates. Additionally, it is also built with an easy-to-navigate interface that helps boost the performance of your web projects. Furthermore, it also supports the latest version of PHP which enables your website to run competently and securely.
- WordPress Hosting: Apart from that, 1&1 is likewise smartened up with a WordPress hosting service, which is specially designed to reinforce you in starting your website or blog quickly. It is also supercharged with the most up-to-date and secure version of WordPress that can be tailored based on your preferences. Best of all, its WordPress hosting bundles is easy to set up as all you need to do is to tell the assistant what is the purpose of your site and the wizard will systematically display a collection of theme designs as well as install a group of plugins.
- Reseller Hosting: The 1&1 reseller hosting plans are specially contrived for web designers and developers that cultivate their customer’s websites on a long-term basis. Likewise, it is also clothed with more than a hundred products that can be configured and resold directly to your customers. Making its reseller hosting services quite the motherlode of all services is its ability to provide businesses with power and hardware redundancy as well as shopping cart installation, FTP accounts, and multiple databases.
Key Advantages Of 1&1 Reseller Hosting
- Complete Control Over Resources: Among the primary advantages of 1&1 reseller hosting is its adeptness to allow the resellers to create plans that can be sold to third-parties. This is quite useful most especially in the cases of approximating a number of resources to a particular plan. Through this process, you are able to gain significant control over disk space usage, bandwidth limits, and other important aspects that come with running a website.
- Create A Highly-Intuitive cPanel: Another benefit that comes with owning a reseller hosting program is the skill to make independent cPanel control panels for each of your clients. In a nutshell, your clients are able to create and maintain websites as well as upload and download files and documents at will. Interestingly enough, its cPanel is also mapped out to provide a graphical user interface with automation tools that are specifically visualized to ease the process of hosting a website. Above all, its cPanel is likewise decked with a three-tier arrangement that rations extreme functionality to managers, resellers, and website owners wherein they can supervise multiple aspects of server administration.
- Scalability: Arguably its most eye-catching facet, 1&1 reseller hosting endows businesses with a potentiality to scale their plans as their company grows. In relation to scalability, 1&1 reseller hosting also lets you upgrade or downgrade packages at any time to suit your personal needs.
- Promote Your Brand: This is also another benefit that one could get from purchasing 1&1’s reseller hosting program as you can to choose to host and bill your customer with your own unique brand. If that is not enough, you can also put the name of your company below your clients’ website just like WordPress.com’s “Powered By WordPress” slogan.
- Supplement Your Revenue: One of the best things about 1&1 reseller hosting is being able to generate a significant amount of income. In addition to that, it can also keep your expenses to a minimum since you only need to pay less each month to operate your business. What makes 1&1 reseller hosting a pot of gold is that you can do this sort of work part-time or full-time, depending on how much commitment you want to make.
- Regular Maintenance And Upgrades: Likewise, 1&1 reseller hosting also empowers companies to focus on running their businesses instead of being anxious about software updates as the program itself performs server management, backups, and upgrades. Aside from that, you can also choose to pass on features to your clients such as email, control panel, monitoring tools, and additional scripts. Other common features it offers include a massive disk space, bandwidth, domain hosting, and the latest cPanel control panel.
Features Of 1&1 Reseller Hosting
1&1 Reseller Hosting is decorated with a wide range of website features that are drawn up to help resellers make the most of their investments.
- Airtight Security: Other than its backup and restore services, 1&1 reseller hosting also boasts a distributed denial of service protection that protects your website from incoming attacks and keeps you online. By means of this process, businesses can prevent their sites from collapsing and eventually going down as it has the capability to avert any malicious attempt that interrupts the normal traffic of your server or network. Moreover, its security features are further strengthened by its Wildcard secure socket layer certificates and SiteLock, which work conjointly in scanning your web pages and protecting your clients from possible vulnerabilities.
- State-Of-The-Art Technologies: A 1&1 reseller hosting review is not complete without mentioning its cutting-edge technologies that are crafted to ensure top levels of performance. Dynamized by its RailGun content delivery network, 1&1 reseller hosting provides the means for businesses to seamlessly distribute their websites to more than 60 data centers around the globe, thereby, guaranteeing faster load times. In connection with state-of-the-art technologies, 1&1 reseller hosting is likewise powered by industry-leading container technology and high-end hardware that include Intel Xeon E5 processors.
- Huge Collection Of Plugins: On the other hand, 1&1 reseller hosting is also bedecked with an extensive range of packages that assume a decisive part in enhancing your website. Among those include popular web hosting applications such as Magento, Joomla, WordPress, TYPO3, Koken, and PrestaShop. Furthermore, all plugins are available for free and can be installed on your website in less than no time.
- Mobile Admin Application: Impressively, 1&1 reseller hosting also lets you manage products and billing on the go. By simply downloading the 1&1 IONOS hosting manager application, resellers can oversee their client’s pages on their tablets and smartphones. This way, you can get a full picture of your spending at any time as it helps you in managing your budget while tracking your usage according to your exact configuration.
- 99.9% Uptime Guarantee: Besides the aforementioned attributes, 1&1 reseller hosting also promises a 99.9% uptime guarantee as its next-gen architecture systematically scales out to keep your website online and fully operational in times of node failures. Furthermore, 1&1 reseller hosting provides a dedicated processor, memory, storage, and CPU vCores, which simply means that it can produce a reliable and consistent level of performance with absolutely no impact from other users.
Pricing details for 1&1 Reseller Hosting are not made available in public. Contact 1&1 Hosting for more details about their pricing bundles and find out the best plans that are suited for your business.
1&1 Reseller Hosting is harnessed with a reliable technical support team which offers phone support and email support. It also comes with a comprehensive help center which proffers an all-encyclopedic support topic related to domains, secure socket layer certificates, email and office, websites and online stores, hosting, server, and cloud infrastructure, safety and security, online marketing, and data protection. Besides that, product users can also turn to the 1&1 IONOS community for tutorials on cloud hosting topics as well as exchange ideas with other members.
Leading Competitors Of 1&1 Reseller Hosting
- InMotion Hosting
- Host Papa
- A2 Hosting
- Lunar Pages
- Certa Hosting
- EZPZ Hosting