A Comprehensive Look Of Self-Service Web Hosting
Self-service web hosting is a hosting service which presents everyone with complete freedom to install and configure their respective websites. Dissimilar to managed hosting, self-service hosting enables you to customize your site without any limitations. Plus, you will also be in charge of purchasing the hardware and software as well as initiating backup solutions and monitoring servers.
In addition, self-managed hosting also empowers you to root and administrator access to your servers 24/7. In this article, we will take a comprehensive introspection of self-service web hosting, the benefit it brings to your company, and the leading providers of such service.
Advantages Of Self-Service Web Hosting
Self-service web hosting is armed with a plethora of benefits which can take your growing business into greater heights.
Powerful Customization Features
Among the primary advantages of having a self-hosted website is the ability to control the aspect of the server. As a matter of fact, a self-hosted website allows you to install any program you want and have complete control over who can access your data and when. By the same token, self-service web hosting also gives you the green light to customize your web design so that you can further strengthen your brand’s image and awareness. In connection with designs, self-service web hosting also accredits you to install a custom theme which further gives a professional look to your brand. Simply put, self-service web hosting enables you to remove brand names such as wordpress.org, wix.com, or blogspot.com.
Likewise, self-hosted websites are also scalable to make sure that you are able to meet the continuous demands of your clients, thereby, resulting in a higher return on investments. What is more is that self-hosted websites are likewise constructed to be search engine-friendly hence enabling your content to reach diversified audiences. Other than backup solutions, self-managed web hosting further capacitates you to manage server hardware, bandwidth, data integrity, cooling, and power.
Impressively, you can even add functionalities or increase your server resources at will when necessary. Subsequently, self-managed platforms also give you the go-ahead to manage all your servers in a single location wherein you can immediately detect teething troubles and immediately react on them to prevent further damages. On top of that, self-managed hosting is also self-reliant which means that you don’t have to rely on your hosting provider to make changes on your server and website since all updates, installations, and format changes are completely dependent upon the user.
Furthermore, a self-service web hosting option energizes you to match specific hardware to every application based on computing requirements. Consequently, it also allows your business to maintain data on-site for a value-added security. Pertaining to security, self-managed web hosting programs further authorizes you to manage the levels of security that are protecting your data to make sure that it can be as intensive as possible.
Apart from its highly-touted customization functionalities, a self-hosted website is also more economical than fully-managed websites as all the host provider contributes is the server space. In fact, there are self-managed hosting services that are available for free. This is also an excellent way to find lucrative hardware, software or any other website tools that fit right in with your budget. Interestingly enough, a self-hosted website also gives you the means to monetize your advertisements on your own without sharing your earnings with third-party hosting providers.
Risk-free Hosting And Easy-To-Use
What makes self-service web hosting quite attractive for webmasters and programmers is that it allows them to change their hosting provider anytime without starting a website all over again. It also prevents your website from going down without notice as most fully-managed sites shut down when their hosting provider goes out of business. Further, self-service web hosting is also easy-to-use as it does not require any technical knowledge since you can choose pre-designed templates on your library to get your site up and running in less than no time.
Top Self-Service Web Hosting Providers
While self-service hosting can be achieved on popular content management systems such as Drupal, Magento, or WordPress, one still needs a hosting provider in order to make their website available into the public. Listed below are 25 hosting providers which present businesses with self-service web hosting capabilities.
- HostGator – HostGator comes with a multiplex of a self-service hosting plans which include cloud hosting, WordPress hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated hosting. It is geared with an intuitive dashboard, advanced security, dedicated control, full root access, scalable resources, total control, full management tools, and free migrations. Other than WordPress hosting, HostGator also offers highly-customizable and user-friendly hosting on popular content management systems including Drupal, Wiki, phpBB, Magento, and Joomla. Rounding up the features of HostGator are unlimited email addresses, unlimited pages, unmetered storages, and unmetered bandwidth.
- DomainRacer – DomainRacer is a web hosting service that is specially optimized for WordPress, Magento, and your business needs. It is comprised of more than 340 servers around the world and hosts over 17,000 websites. It offers the highest computing power that ensures 99.9% uptime guarantee as well as exciting features that range from LiteSpeed technology to cloud-based SSD service and website backups and a free secure socket layer certificate. Among the web hosting deals that are offered by DomainRacer are shared hosting, reseller hosting, VPS hosting, and domain registration.
- BlueHost – Developed by renowned web hosting company Endurance International Group, BlueHost provides everyone with cost-efficient virtual private servers that can be utilized into your own website. For as low as $18.99 per month, BlueHost grants businesses with 30 GGB SSD storage, two cores, 2 GB RAM, 1 TB bandwidth, free secure socket layer certificate, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- NameCheap – NameCheap is a multiskilled web solution which treats businesses with domain services such as domain name search, transfer, FreeDNS, PremiumDNS, and personal domain. Besides that, it also offers self-hosting services including shared hosting, WordPress hosting, reseller hosting, dedicated servers, private email hosting, and VPS hosting. Among its features include unlimited bandwidth, website builders, unlimited websites, SSD disk space, multiple CPU cores, root access, reboot access, choice of operating systems, and cPanel reinstallation.
- LeaseWeb – It extends businesses with RAW dedicated servers that can be customized to make the most-processor intensive workloads easier. Addedly, LeaseWeb also allows you to modify the configurations of your server in order to meet specific requirements including bandwidth options, SSD hard drives, RAM, and traffic. Impressively, LeaseWeb likewise empowers you to expedite your computing power on processing tasks and workloads thanks to its graphic processing unit, which executes thousands of threads at the same time.
- GoDaddy – GoDaddy is a cheap web hosting service which offers businesses with unlimited websites, unlimited bandwidth, unmetered storage, and free SSL certificates. In addition, it also comes with a one-click install of popular applications such as WordPress, Drupal, Magento, and Joomla. Sequentially, GoDaddy is further strengthened by its flexible and easy-to-use control panel which enables you to manage your website in the smoothest way possible.
- LayerStack – LayerStack is a web hosting provider which nourishes companies with SSD cloud servers that are designed for sustainability and scalability. It also permits you to manually concoct a point-in-time snapshot of your cloud and convert snapshots into templates before utilizing on your website. Moreover, LayerStack also exhibits pre-installed operating systems such as Windows servers, Fedora, Ubuntu, CentOS, and Debian.
- InMotion Hosting – InMotion Hosting is a web hosting platform which is geared with a self-managed WordPress hosting service. It is decked with a pre-installed WordPress application which is equipped with security patches and backups as well as a drag-and-drop website editor, free themes, free domains, unlimited emails, and a 24/7 technical support. For less than $12 a month, InMotion Hosting indulges self-hosted websites with 120GB SSD storage, unlimited bandwidth, free secure socket layer certificates, SEO tools, advertising credits for search engines, and a 90-day money-back guarantee.
- A2 Hosting – Another optimal hosting option for a self-hosted WordPress site is A2 Hosting as it provides everyone with A1 features such as unlimited databases, unlimited transfers, and unlimited storages. It also comes with a free secure socket layer certificate, cPanel control panel, and several hosting solutions that include reseller hosting, VPS hosting, shared hosting, dedicated hosting, and domain name registration.
- Amaze – Based in Australia, Amaze provides webmasters with multiple hosting services that range from website hosting, Magento hosting, and WordPress hosting. In addition to that is its self-managed hosting plans that offer users instant setup, CPU cores, considerable RAM and SSD storages. What’s more is that Amaze amazes everyone with its ZFS data protection, which performs hourly, weekly, and even monthly snapshots to ensure that your data is replicated to redundant data centers. Furthermore, Amaze is also mobilized with KVM virtualization, DDOS protection, console access, and Intel E5-powered servers.
- iPage – iPage yields businesses with everything they need to start a self-hosted WordPress site including a free domain registration for one year. Addedly, it is also search engine-friendly which implies that it will easily help your customer find your website. Other than free domain registration, iPage is also packed with unlimited storage, unlimited bandwidth, a customized control panel, pre-installed themes and plugins, malware removal, and sitelock professional security.
- Domain.com – While it primarily specializes in domain search and registration, Domain.com is also coming with a variety of self-hosting plans for Linux, Windows, VPS, and WordPress blogs. With its WordPress hosting service, businesses are able to accumulate unlimited storage, unlimited bandwidth, customizable control panel, pre-installed plugins and themes, malware removal, and heightened security. Thanks to its customizable control panel, everyone can easily access the WordPress tools they frequently used, thereby, saving significant time in the process.
- Google Cloud – Another hosting provider that is excellent for self-hosted websites is Google Cloud as it pampers businesses with a multi-layered secured infrastructure wherein they can perform regular patches with no interruption. In addition, Google Cloud also flaunts innovative technologies such as Global Load Balancing, which is responsible for protection against Denial of Service attacks and hackers. With its self-managed solution, companies are able to host their websites on Google’s global network as well as instigate one-click deployments and accumulate a $300 credit for every new customer. At present, Google Cloud is being leveraged by popular companies such as Whisper, Vimeo, Lush Fresh, EverNote, and Esdemarca.
- HostPapa – HostPapa is a web hosting provider which is most desirable for self-hosted Drupal websites. It offers free services such as domain setup and registration, email addresses, website builder, marketing tools, and a 30-day money-back guarantee. Moreover, HostPapa is also stoked up with unlimited add-on domains, unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwidth, 99.9% uptime guarantee, unlimited MySQL databases, and an easy-to-use control panel.
- JustHost – Other than HostPapa, JustHost also functions splendidly with Drupal websites as it offers users with free website builders, free email addresses and domain names, free marketing tools, and a one-click install of other third-party applications. It also comes with a feature-packed control panel, wherein you can fluently handle web hosting and customize tools for ease of access in the future.
- Zoom Hosting – Established in the Philippines, Zoom Hosting provides webmasters with flourishing web tools and services that include domain name registration, unlimited cloud, business cloud, dedicated servers, sizable disk space, and unlimited email accounts.
- 1&1 Website Hosting – 1and1 Web Hosting service offers businesses with managed cloud hosting as well as self-service web hosting options such as WordPress hosting, Windows hosting, and Linux hosting. In addition, it also comes with domain name registration, domain transfers as well as multiple servers including cloud servers, dedicated servers, virtual server cloud, bare metal server, and container cluster. Further, its WordPress hosting bundle is psyched up with thriving features such as unlimited FTP accounts, unlimited WordPress projects, unlimited SSD storage, unlimited visitors, geo-redundancy, DDOS protection, data recovery, and pre-live staging.
- InterServer – Interserver is a multi-dimensional web hosting platform which is clothed with mushrooming hosting services such as cPanel hosting, email hosting, non-profit hosting, student web hosting, ASP.net hosting, and a website builder. Additionally, Interserver also boasts hosting services for popular content management applications such as Prestashop, Joomla, WordPress, and Magento. Apart from its web hosting services, InterServer is likewise comprise of dedicated servers as well as VPS and cloud services such as Windows VPS, WordPress VPS, Backups, cPanel VPS, CentOS VPS, and Debian VPS.
- Hostinger – Hostinger is a cheap yet fast web hosting service which proffers businesses with web hosting, cloud hosting, VPS hosting, domain name registration, and a website builder. It provides everyone with a guaranteed 99.9% uptime, high-speed performance, 30-day money-back guarantee, and a 24/7 support chat. For no more than $3 per month, Hostinger grants you with unlimited websites, unlimited email accounts, a powerful control panel, unlimited domain parking, advanced cron jobs, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited subdomains, weekly backups, FTP access, PHPMyAdmin tools, SSH access, MariaDB database, and InnoDB database.
- Limitless Hosting – Limitless Hosting is an affordable web hosting provider that enables you to host websites starting at $0.50 per month. It is tanked up with cloud servers as well as a sundry of hosting services such as USA web hosting, Europe web hosting, Singapore web hosting, and Game server hosting. In addition to that is its highly-regarded domain name search and registration functionality which facilitates you to check the availability of your domain. Other than its high-performance servers, Limitless Hosting is also gentrified with a 99.9% uptime guarantee, free secure socket layer protection for web hosting, and SSD-powered servers.
- Web Hosting Hub – Web Hosting Hub is a beginner-friendly web hosting service which empowers you to manage business emails and create a sophisticated website using its drag-and-drop tool. It is also ornamented with free private secure socket layer, unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited email addresses, one-click installs with Softaculous, easy-to-use control panel and website tools such as mailing lists, ad management, shopping carts, Moodle, WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal.
- Net – Gandi.Net is a French web hosting company which specializes domain name search and registration, simple web hosting, SSL certificates, and cloud hosting. It also features a one-click WordPress installation, domain name linking, reseller hosting, and corporate hosting services.
- Server Hub – Server Hub web hosting tenders businesses with a domain name, e-commerce web hosting and design tools as well as a sizable web hosting space. In addition, it also offers web hosting packages for reseller hosting and shared hosting. Among the hosting features it has include unlimited transfers, unlimited databases, and SSD storage.
- OrangeWebsite – Based in Iceland, OrangeWebsite offers several hosting solutions including shared hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated servers, and DDOS protection. It also comes with security features such as two-factor authentication and a 256-bit secure socket layer encryption, which work hand in hand to protect your website information.
- Z.com – Recognized as one of the best Asia-Pacific website hosting provider, Z.com tenders businesses with unmetered bandwidth, a cPanel control panel, high-speed SSD storage, unmetered visitors, SSH connection, backups, and free secure socket layer certificates.