What is Nagios XI?
Nagios XI is an enterprise network and server monitoring software. It is a comprehensive solution that helps you monitor applications, services, and networks of your organization centrally. It assists organizations in reducing network, server, and application downtime, improving the performances of networks, servers, and applications, and solving critical IT challenges they face on a daily basis.
Nagios XI offers the monitoring of mission-critical infrastructure component of an enterprise such as services, applications, operating systems, system metrics, network protocols, and so on. The very powerful Nagios Core 4 monitoring engine offers you the maximum degree of monitoring server performance. It provides you with limitless scalability and effective monitoring with the help of its highly efficient work processes.
USing Nagios XI, you receive a central view of the entire IT operations network and the business processes of your organization. It provides you with powerful dashboards in which you are able to view monitoring information and third-party data easily. The powerful GUI of Nagios XI offers you the opportunity to customize layouts, preferences, and designs on the basis of the expectations of users.
Nagios XI offers you with automated and integrated trending and capacity graphs. These graphs let organizations plan for infrastructure upgrades before the current infrastructure system becomes outdated. All the parties involved in the business are alerted via emails or text messages in case of the occurrence of any issues. This application offers multi-user access to its easy-to-use web interface that enables various stakeholders to view infrastructure status relevant to them or they are authorized to view. The APIs provided by Nagios XI helps you to integrate the application with various in-house and third-party applications. To meet the exact requirement of an organization, Nagios XI offers the facility to develop custom interfaces and add-ons.
The benefits of using Nagios XI in your business are as follows:
- Nagios XI offers comprehensive IT infrastructure monitoring. It monitors all mission-critical infrastructure components including operating systems, applications, services, system metrics, network protocols, and so on. It also offers hundreds of third-party add-ons that make the virtual monitoring of all in-house services, systems, and applications possible.
- It comes with the powerful Nagios Core 4 monitoring engine. Hence, it provides users with the highest level of server monitoring performance. Moreover, the high-efficiency worker processes offer nearly limitless scalability and monitoring effectiveness.
- Nagios XI enables you to view the entire IT operations network and business processes centrally. The powerful dashboards provided by this application lets you access the monitoring information and third-party data at a glance. Moreover, it offers different views for different types of users. The views help users with quick access to the information, which are most useful for them.
- Nagios XI helps you with proactive planning and awareness. Before the existing infrastructure of your organization becomes outdated, this application enables you to plan for infrastructure upgrade with the help of automated and integrated trending and capacity planning graphs. The application sends alerts to IT staff, business stakeholders, and end users via emails or mobile text messages. The alerts contain information about the outage. As soon as the all the parties receive the alerts, they can immediately start resolving the issues.
- With Nagios XI, you get a great customization opportunity. It has a powerful GUI that helps you in customizing design, layout, and preferences of the application as per the need of your team or customers. Thus, this application offers your team members and customers the flexibility they wish for.
- Nagios XI provides you with an integrated web-based configuration interface. This interface allows admins to grant the control of managing monitoring configuration, system settings, and many more to team members and end users with ease. This application also offers configuration wizards, which guide users through the monitoring process of new services, devices, and applications. In this way, the users do not have to understand the complex concepts related to monitoring.
- Nagios XI offers multi-tenant capabilities. The web interface of this application can be accessed by multiple types of users. Hence, stakeholders of a project can view the infrastructure status relevant to them. Also, user-specific views make sure that clients can only see the infrastructure components they are authorized for viewing. The advanced user management feature of this application simplifies administration by enabling you to easily manage user accounts. You are able to provision the accounts of new users with a few clicks. The new users will receive emails with their login credentials immediately.
- The different APIs offered by Nagios XI helps you in the integration of this application with various in-house and third-party applications. The Nagios XI community has developed thousands of add-ons. These add-ons extend the native alerting and monitoring functionality. This application also provides you with the opportunity to develop custom interfaces and add-ons. Many of the plugins and add-ons are released under OSS (Open Source Software) license. By availing this opportunity, you can tailor the Nagios XI application to meet the exact need of your organization.
- Nagios XI can also be deployed to physical servers. This application is distributed by vendors as a virtual machine to make sure that users can quickly set it up and start using. If your server runs CentOS or RHEL operating system, the application can be installed manually.
Nagios XI offers a plethora of easy-to-use yet powerful features. They are as follows:
Powerful Monitoring Engine
Nagios offers users with a powerful monitoring engine for easy, efficient, and scalable monitoring applications, services, servers, networks, and many more. This application uses the powerful Nagios Core 4 monitoring engine to provide users the maximum level of monitoring performance.
Updated Web Interface
The web interface provided by Nagios XI is intuitive, attractive, and easy-to-use. The powerful dashboards provide users with a customizable high-level overview of services, hosts, network devices such as switches, and more. Users are able to view the third-party data and monitoring information at a glance. The web interface also offers different views for different users so that they can access their required information faster.
The Nagios XI application offers the feature of advanced graphs. These graphs enable administrators to easily view various network incidents. The administrators can resolve these issues quickly before these become major disasters for the organization.
Nagios XI offers users with automated and integrated training and capacity planning graphs. These graphs let organization plan for infrastructure upgrades when the existing infrastructure tends to become out-of-date in the nearest future.
Nagios XI provides users with fast configuration wizards. You simply need to enter the information required, and you are up and ready to monitor applications, services, networks, and many more with a few clicks.
This feature from Nagios XI helps users with various tasks related to managing the infrastructure of an organization. It offers facilities such as improved bulk host import, autodiscovery, auto decommissioning, mass acknowledgment, and many more.
Using this feature of Nagios XI, you are able to save the most recent configuration of your infrastructure. You can also archive it. You are able to revert back to it whenever you want. This feature helps you to relax as you will never lose it again.
Advanced User Management
Using Nagios XI, you can easily set up and manage user accounts with a few clicks. This application also helps you to assign custom roles to different users to ensure a safe and secure environment.
Nagios XI offers multiple APIs that help users to integrate this application with in-house and third-party applications.
A free version of Nagios XI is available to monitor small environments. a Nagios XI installation with a free license can monitor seven hosts or nodes. However, an unlimited number of services can be monitored with a free license. If you are a student, you may get qualified for unrestricted or increased monitoring limits on the basis of your requirement and qualification.
You can also use this application for free for two months as it has a free trial package for 60 days. Nagios XI comes with different license levels, from 100 nodes to an unlimited number of nodes. Each license of Nagios XI includes maintenance (upgrade entitlements) and email support for 12 months. Nagios XI offers two pricing plans: Standard Edition and Enterprise Edition.
The cost of this plan starts at $1,995 USD. The key highlights of this plan are as follows:
- Easy configuration wizards
- Advanced reporting
- GUI configuration
- Custom user dashboards
- Enhanced visualizations
- Custom user views
- Custom Actions
- Executive summary report
- Notification escalations
- Dashboard deployment
The cost of this plan starts at $3,495. The key highlights of this plan are as follows:
- All the features included in the Standard Edition
- Scheduled reports
- Capacity planning reports
- Bulk-modification tools
- Web-based server control access
- Audit logging
- SLA reports
- Notification deployment
- Automated host decommissioning
- Scheduled pages
For more information on the pricing of Nagios XI, you can visit the webpage https://www.nagios.com/products/nagios-xi/#pricing.
Nagios XI is a web-based application that supports desktops and laptops with Windows, Linux, and/or Mac operating systems. It has three deployment models: cloud-hosted, on-premise, and open API. This application requires a minimum of 20 GB of hard drive, 2 GB of memory, and a 2.4 GHz dual-core CPU. The minimum operating system required by Nagios XI is CentOS or RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) versions 6, or 7. Lastly, the minimum requirement for a database is MySQL or MariaDB. If you are running versions less than Nagios XI 5 or upgrading from a pre-5 version, you will need PostgreSQL. This application is suitable for small and medium businesses, as well as large enterprises. The languages supported are English, Chinese, Japanese, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, and Russian.
Nagios XI offers various support and maintenance plans (renewals) to ensure that you have the latest version of the application, and also you have the access to the vendor’s world-class customer support service. The plans also offer one-to-one with direct email support, grants access to customer support forums, offers customer-only downloads and self-paced training on the Nagios Library. Let’s check out the costs for various renewal types depending on the number of nodes supported by the application. If you are using the Enterprise Edition, you have to add $750 to the following numbers.
For the Nagios XI application supporting 100 nodes, the maintenance and support plan costs $1695 USD and the only maintenance plan costs $645 USD.
For the Nagios XI application supporting 200 nodes, the maintenance and support costs $2795 USD and the only maintenance plan costs $1045 USD.
For the Nagios XI application supporting 300 nodes, the maintenance and support plan costs $3995 USD and the only maintenance plan costs $1495 USD.
For the Nagios XI application supporting 400 nodes, the maintenance and support plan costs $4795 USD and the only maintenance plan costs $1795 USD.
For the Nagios XI application supporting 500 nodes, the maintenance and support plan costs $5595 USD and the only maintenance plan costs $2095 USD.
For the Nagios XI application supporting 1000 nodes, the maintenance and support plan costs $9595 USD and the only maintenance plan costs $3595 USD.
For the Nagios XI application supporting an unlimited number of nodes, maintenance and support cost 15,995 USD and only maintenance costs 5995 USD.
You can also add a phone support package to the support and maintenance package. This will make sure that you have priority access to priority support services whenever required. The validity of the phone support package is the same as the validity of a license. A 10 call phone support package costs 2995 USD, and a 5 call pack costs 1995 USD.
Apart from the support and maintenance packages, Nagios XI offers a knowledge base, documentation, and support forums, videos, and implementation guides. You can refer to these sections if you require any assistance in getting started with the application or you want to know the best practice regarding the use of any feature from other users. For more information on support and services, you can visit the webpage https://www.nagios.com/services/nagios-xi-support-plans/.
Nagios XI offers an all-inclusive IT infrastructure monitoring solution to monitor services, applications, operating systems, networks, and many more. It is powered with the powerful Nagios Core 4 monitoring engine to offer users the highest degree of server monitoring performance. Also, it offers you the central view of your complete IT operations network and business processes. The different views provided by Nagios XI enables users to quickly access the information they need. It offers trending and capacity planning graphs to allow organizations to plan for infrastructure updates. The integrated web-based configuration interface makes it easy for the admins to manage configuration monitoring and system settings. Nagios XI offers multi-user access to web interface allowing stakeholders to view the relevant status of the infrastructure. The APIs help in the integration of this application with various other applications. The attractive pricing packages and support and maintenance packages make Nagios XI a popular option in the category of network management software.