What is GoToMeeting?
GoToMeeting Software is a straightforward web conferencing system that comes with a complete set of robust features. This video conferencing software is ideal for businesses with multiple international locations and a variety of other organizations like yours. This collaboration software will enable you to get in touch with your team members with ease. Furthermore, you will be able to stay connected to your customers in a way you never have before.
Founded in 2004 in the United States, this web conferencing system is run by LogMeIn who merged with Citrix. Basically, they are simplifying the way people interact with each other around the world. The idea is to drive organizations like yours to develop deeper and more meaningful relationships across your entire enterprise and with your customers. Currently, they support over 2 million daily users and have capitalized on the modern way of working. Millions of users are trusting GoToMeeting, among them are Make A Wish, Solid Works, Gainsight, Marketo and Penguin Random House.
Through this video conferencing software, you will be able to organize and attend meetings, conference calls, presentations and even training classes from anywhere in the world. Developed for efficiency and cost reduction, you will find this collaboration software works for your business communication needs.
Benefits of GoToMeeting:
There are a variety of reasons you might choose a particular collaboration software over another. However, in order to make that choice, you want to know how GoToMeeting will benefit you and your organization as a whole. Take a moment and review the various benefits provided to you by this web conferencing system.
- This software is extremely easy to set up. With no required additional hardware, you will quickly be able to host video conferencing and collaboration meetings.
- GoToMeeting is designed to be user-friendly by both the host and the end-user. Therefore, you can engage anyone through this collaboration software regardless of how technological they may or may not be.
- Those who are invited to attend video conferencing don’t need to install this software on their devices.
- You can see everything you need to conduct efficient meetings right from your dashboard.
- Save money on inter-organizational communications by being able to connect regardless of physical location or country.
- Have a clear and crisp voice and video capabilities without interference. You won’t have to worry about constant interruptions.
- This web conferencing system is stable in all environments, including the mobile video conferencing.
- Collaboration software that enables even your mobile and remote workers to utilize it. The mobile apps make this especially useful.
- With a customizable interface, you can see the features that you use the most and hide the others.
- The call-in numbers are adaptable according to the location of the attendees attending meetings.
- There is a free trial that you can use to test it out before making the final decision to purchase a pricing plan.
- You can call in via desk phone, mobile phone or using your computer. The options are convenient and make it possible for someone to use it according to their preference.
Features of GoToMeeting:
Features are what makes or breaks a certain web conferencing system. Regardless of what type of meeting you are trying to do, you need to be sure that you have a complete set of robust features that will make completing your task possible. Therefore, it is essential that you are aware of what GoToMeeting offers you that will set them apart from their competitors. Check out this list of the various features that you will get when you use GoToMeeting.
Schedule meetings at any time and any place that is convenient for you.
With GoToMeeting, you have video conferencing and phone conferencing choices. You can schedule them in advance in order to plan it into your calendar. Simply pick a time and date, then send out the invitations to get participants. You also have the option to set up recurring meetings with the same group of attendees. These recurring meetings will automatically happen without you having to set it up multiple times.
Meet now if you need a spur of the moment meeting. This collaboration software is designed for on the spot meetings when you need them. Instant meetings are helpful when phone conversations to explain complicated issues isn’t cutting it. Simply send the request and get started instantly to help customer and staff with remote issues or complicated topics.
One-click meetings are also very convenient for situations that require subsequent meetings on different topics with the same group of attendees. You can launch these meetings from a variety of locations. The multiple locations capable of launching one-click meetings are Microsoft Office, email and even through instant messaging tools.
Utilize the crystal-clear audio in order to make your meetings successful.
You can have your attendees join the meeting by answering a call. When you use the call me feature, you don’t need any codes or PINs to join in. Simply answer the phone and get the meeting started from any device you are currently using. Choose between VoIP or toll-based option at no extra costs.
Use OpenVoice to make setting up a toll-free meeting convenient for you and your attendees. Through this feature, you can give your attendees the toll-free number to call into, and they will join the meeting with no cost to them. Through this feature, you can make conferencing both easy and very manageable.
Make hosting meetings much more convenient for you with integrations.
There is a multitude of integrations that you can use to make hosting meetings more effective. You have the option to sync your collaboration software with your calendar of choice. Organizing and scheduling meetings can be added to your Outlook or Google Calendar with ease. The variety of plugins you can use will make arranging and remembering video conferencing will be much more effective.
Furthermore, there is the ability to use sharing plugins and integrations. You can use PowerPoint and various other sharing media for integrating into your web conferences. Through this feature, you will be able to drive points home further through the ability to give visuals to your attendees while hosting online meetings.
- Broadcast your view of your desktop through any specific application you choose.
- Use the drawing tools to help bring points home. When you share your screen, you can draw on the data you are sharing to enhance points, to make points stand out and to show examples.
- Feel free to hand over control anytime you desire throughout a meeting. If an attendee happens to have further information on a topic you are discussing, you can hand over control without disrupting the meeting, and they can embellish on topics. Control hand off is one of the great features you get with this web conferencing system.
- Make use of the virtual whiteboard features. Using the virtual whiteboard provides you and your staff the opportunity to brainstorm through this whiteboard and help to develop plans for any projects you are currently working on.
- Have personalized meeting rooms. If you launch video conferencing frequently, you can personalize your meeting room for better organizational branding.
- One-click recording for keeping a record of any conferences you hold virtually. Using this feature allows you to record any meetings for any attendees who were unable to make it or for future use or training purposes.
There are four different pricing models you can choose from when you use this collaboration software. Here are the different plans and their associated features.
With the free plan, you get up to 3 participants in one meeting. Additionally, you can have web audio, screen sharing and one-click meetings.
The starter plan costs $19 per month. With this plan, you get all the free features and can have up to 10 participants per conference. Furthermore, you get the dial-in conference line and the HD video conferencing.
At $29 per month, you get all the starter features. Furthermore, you can have up to 50 participants. Additionally, you get to use the drawing tools, recording, personal meeting rooms and the mobile apps. Finally, you have sharing capabilities for passing off control and the call me feature.
Through this plan, you get all the features you see in the pro section. Additionally, you can have up to 100 participants, the active directory and the whiteboard. This particular plan costs $49 per month.
GoToMeeting Technical Details:
The deployment of this web conferencing system is through the cloud. As it is cloud-hosted, you can use it on any device that runs Windows or Mac. Furthermore, there is a web-based option that can be run on any device regardless of the operating as long as you have internet connectivity.
Finally, you also get to use the native mobile apps. These apps are free with the Pro plan. Download the app on either Android or iOS-based devices. You will find the app in the Play Store for Android and the iTunes store for iOS.
There are a variety of languages that are supported by this collaboration software. These languages include English, Dutch, French, Italian, German, Finnish, Swedish, Japanese and Spanish.
Knowing the web conferencing system you choose supported fully by the company you purchase it through makes it much more appealing. You need to know that there is a level of giving and take. Therefore, it is important to you that you know what kinds of support is offered through GoToMeeting. Here are the support options offered by this collaboration software:
Phone: Using GoToMeeting you will have the option to call in when you need support. There is a toll-free North American number you can call to speak to a live representative who can help you.
Live Support: Through your dashboard, you will have the option to open a chat window that will connect you with a representative instantly. You can then discuss any issues you are having, and they will help you remotely.
Tickets: Create a support ticket when you need technical help. This ticket will enter a queue, and the staff at GoToMeeting will respond with a solution as quickly as possible.
Training: Offered is free training for anyone who is using GoToMeeting for video conferencing and business communications. You will be able to utilize this training once you are set up.
Community: Through the vendor website, you will have access to a community of users who you can pose questions too. Using the community allows you to get answers to common questions and seek help for complicated issues.
Additional Support: There are a variety of webinars, videos and resources that are also available through the vendor website. You are sure to find answers to things like setting up GoToMeeting or dealing with common technicalities.
GoToMeeting is a complete web conferencing system. There are a large number of features that will make video conferencing much easier for you. When you are looking for a collaboration software that allows for inter-organizational communications or external customer communications, this one has it all. From the great pricing structure to the ease of use. GoToMeeting stands out among the many web conferencing software there are on the market.
Additionally, you will be able to benefit from the mobile apps that make video conferencing a breeze when you are on the go. Screen sharing, passing off control and many other aspects of this collaboration software make it an ideal solution for your organization.
Ultimately, you need to do your homework to find out what software will work best for you. Make sure to listen to the experts and find out what real people who use this web conferencing system are saying before making your final decision.