Lead Management Software – an overview
Lead management is a set of methodologies, systems and practices designed to generate new business, generally operated through a variety of marketing campaigns or programs. It facilitates the connection of a business between its outgoing consumer advertising and the responses to that advertising. The process is also known as customer acquisition management.
Lead Management Software allows organisations to merge sales processes and tasks, from lead to quote to conversion, and also offer reporting and performance analysis. Such solutions enable companies to track their sales lifecycle effectively.
|Salesforce Pardot||$1250/mo||Visit website|
The 10 most popular Lead Management Software solutions
1. HubSpot Sales is a cloud-based sales automation tool designed to build, automate and accelerate the sales process. The solution, which integrates with HubSpot CRM and HubSpot Marketing, allows sales staff to connect with leads and convert them into successful deals. It automates business communication by defining a sequence of personalised emails and reminders. With the real-time engagement updates, users can receive notifications as soon as a customer opens one of their emails or clicks on one of their campaign links.
HubSpot Sales also offers a CRM tool to record and log client details, conversations and engagement history. Businesses are given information on campaign performance and buyers’ interest. Sales teams can build and manage multiple sales pipelines and monitor activities going on through different stages of the sales process.
The program offers an interactive dashboard which displays the performance of sales teams and targets achieved.
2. Pipedrive is a web-based CRM and pipeline management solution which enables businesses to plan sales activities and monitor deals. Pipeline streamlines every action involved into converting a potential deal into a successful sale.
The solution provides full visibility to sales personnel of different sales pipelines, with an interface displaying the progress stage for each deal, with complete detail of the next actionable items. Users can track the pending activities in each pipeline through the activity & goal feature. Pipedrive also offers custom sales reporting tools to monitor individual and team targets, analyse sales and data, and generate visual reports.
Its emailing system integrates with multiple email service providers like Outlook, Gmail and Yahoo. Users can send and receive emails from multiple accounts using their Pipedrive account. The solution also integrates with leading CRM tools and applications, like MailChimp and Google Maps.
Pipedrive is cloud-based and can be accessed from any web-browser or through a dedicated mobile app.
3. Freshsales is a cloud-based CRM solution that helps businesses in different industries manage interactions with existing and potential customers. The solution integrates with Freshdesk, Segment visit tracking and Google calendars.
Subscriptions are offered on a monthly basis.
Key features include one-click phone, sales lead tracking, sales management and more. Users can send professionalised bulk emails, and then monitor activities on those emails. The inbox automatically prioritises emails from contacts and leads that are waiting for a response.
Freshsales tracks the webpages that sales prospects are interacting with, and then segments based on their behaviour. A lead scoring feature ranks leads based on that data, and will prioritise those with a higher score over those that require nurturing. The 360° customer view offers full details about customers and prospects including conversations, touchpoints, appointments and tasks.
4. ProsperWorks is a cloud-based CRM tool which gives users a complete view of their customers. It is applicable for any industry, including real estate, advertising and distribution.
The software includes email integration, opportunity management, and lead tracking amongst its capabilities. Customer data is automatically stored, and the system independently searches online to find relevant information. Every file that is sent in an email is immediately stored in a contact’s portfolio, and the system profiles each interaction so users know how recently they have contacted each customer.
Past and future calendar events, such as meetings and calls, are logged within the program, and the software also suggests possible contacts to make based on previous correspondence. Through the solution’s email integration, tasks are visible in Gmail, and the opportunities management feature allows users to visualise and manage the sales pipeline with drag and drop functionality.
5. Unomy is a sales intelligence solution for monitoring and processing information from web sources on a single platform. It provides organisations of all sizes with insights and actionable information on the people and companies with whom they interact. The solution is designed for use by sales representatives, account executives, and directors of sales, as well as marketing professionals.
With Unomy, businesses can develop their own competitive map, track changes, identify trends and discover relevant, new opportunities. Users are able to gain a deeper understanding of prospects before and after interactions, helping to find the right decision makers, and winning more deals.
The program can also be used by B2B marketing professionals to amplify lead generation capabilities. Users can discover, identify and target relevant customers and business accounts to build effective marketing lists, increasing the success of marketing campaigns. Unomy enables users to filter and sort by industry, headcount, revenue, location, and other data points.
6. Pipeliner is an end to end customer management system which is fit for any industry. This web-based system, compatible with both Mac and Windows, provides better visibility into the entire sales process, offering Sales Automation and Social CRM capabilities. There is a mobile app for Android and iOS devices.
The solution’s dashboard shows everything a business needs to improve their sales process, including lead generation and tracking, as well as contact management. It works to improve communication between customers and the sales force by providing a complete view of prospective and current clients’ preferences, comments, and more.
Pipeliner aims to be user friendly, to minimise repetitive and time-consuming data entry, and provide insights into buyer-focused sales environments. It is fully capable offline from both the mobile app and the desktop version.
7. Infusionsoft is a cloud-based sales and marketing solution that offers CRM and e-commerce functionality in one suite. It is aimed at small businesses, and is offered in a subscription basis.
Users can access the solution remotely via Android and iOS devices, and it integrates with applications like QuickBooks, Salesforce, Outlook and Gmail.
Infusionsoft allows users to segment their contacts, track customer interactions, and run campaigns setting triggers for personalised communication based on email openings, clicks and more. They can also manage their e-commerce, from inventory management to payments and purchase fulfilment, set-up online shopping carts, track activity in their digital storefront, and send quotes, invoices and receipts.
The solution’s reporting and analysis tool helps users do analysis on parameters like emails, campaign performance, sales and revenue projections to track the ROI of their sales and marketing activities.
8. Pardot is a Salesforce product and offers an email marketing solution which offers automated support for the longer timespan and multi-step decisions associated with B2B (business-to-business) sales. It is a Saas (Software-as-a-service) model built on the Force.com platform which integrates with applications like Microsoft CRM, NetSuite, and Sugar CRM.
The suite includes products with functionality that includes lead management, batch email marketing, automated drop marketing, and real-time sales alerts.
Pardot’s enterprise solution offers more advanced capabilities, such as custom security controls, increased storage space, and a dedicated IP address.
When combined with Salesforce edge, sales reps can connect in real-time to deliver campaigns, receive alerts, and report on trends, trail emails and more, all via mobile devices.
9. Sailthru is a marketing automation and multi-channel personalisation solution for growing businesses. The software provides a lifetime view of all customer data, including behavioural data, purchase data and customer interest data. Sailthru captures both implicit and explicit data from across all channels and touchpoints to build complete 360° customer profiles.
The in-depth customer data provided by Sailthru is turned into actionable insights by providing unique, one-to-one personalised content and product recommendations. These can be delivered across channels, both online and offline, including mobile and social. The results of delivering this personalised content, recommendations and offers is then analysed and turned into real-time reports presented through the Sailthru real-time dashboard. The reporting and analytics tool provides real-time, as well as long-term, marketing and customer data and insights.
10. SalesLoft is sales engagement software that helps sales teams work more efficiently, enhancing their communication capabilities. It also works as a sales intelligence platform, providing organisations with data sourced from the web.
The solution enables sales teams to prioritise leads and equips them with the right information so that they can have more productive sales conversations.
The platform also features a powerful email tool, for building regular and targeted sales correspondence, with personalisation. This function sends batch and blast emails based around contact history, allowing users to tailor their approach based on customer’s behaviour, so that they are always reached at the ideal time.
The actionable analytics module serves as a sales intelligence tool for users to optimise their performance.
How to choose the best Lead Management Software
Lead Management Software helps companies looking to target audiences and nurture leads. There are many available products on the market, but it is advisable to define the needs of your business first, and find solutions that best fit them, rather than try to adapt your requirements to the services and features that a particular application offers.
That is why it is important to test any proposed platform first, via free trials and product demos, to ensure that it can offer the functionality and capabilities demanded by the sales lifecycle of your business.
Types of Lead Management Software
Lead Management Software is typically categorised by deployment method, whether it is on premise, Saas (Software-as-a-service), or cloud-hosted.
Lead Management is the initial stage of any sales process. When an individual or organisation is identified as having potential interest in the product or services provided by a company, lead management helps guide them through the steps that will convert that lead into a an actual sale.
Lead Management Software helps automate and streamline the processes involved in managing sales leads and allows users to analyse critical data, such as lead time, conversion rates, and the win/loss ratio.