An overview – Email Marketing Software
Email Marketing is the use of email to promote products and services, and to develop relationships with potential customers and clients. It is one segment of internet marketing which encompasses online marketing via websites, social media, blogs and the like. It is essentially the same as direct mail except that, instead of sending mail through the postal service, messages are sent electronically via email.
Email Marketing Software is service-based software that marketers use for email marketing. This software can be used for a variety of purposes, from growing a list of email subscribers, to designing and building customised email templates, and creating segmented lists for more targeted, relevant emails to be sent.
|Wix ShoutOut||$4.90/mo||Visit website|
|Active campaign||$17/mo||Visit website|
|Constant Contact||$20/mo||Visit website|
The most popular Email Marketing Software products
1. HubSpot Marketing is a cloud-based all-in-one marketing software platform. It helps companies of all sizes create a web presence, convert online traffic into leads that can be tracked and nurtured, and analyse business metrics to ensure marketing campaigns are on track.
HubSpot Marketing can handle both B2B and B2C business in a variety of segments, including accounting, retail, real estate and more.
The solution offers a variety of features to promote content online, track website performance, optimise content and more. The built-in SEO tool helps users improve search rankings for their web pages, and increase lead quality. Users can manage email outreach and social media engagements with their clients.
All site traffic and lead-activity is collected and analysed to ensure that marketing efforts are accurately driven. The system also integrates with almost any CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system, as well as with a variety of e-commerce shopping cart platforms.
2. Wix ShoutOut is an intuitive marketing email and newsletter builder and editor. The application is available for Android and iOS devices, and lets businesses create, send, and share updates and promotions with their subscribers.
With Wix ShoutOut, users can also keep track of their email marketing campaigns effectively. The solution has a statistics feature that shows views and clicks, allowing businesses to gain knowledge about the types of content their customers like to see.
It also supports the building of personalised emails that are sent to specific targets. It lets businesses create marketing emails and newsletters from scratch, or use their templates which can be customised to suit their own needs. Social media sharing tools allow emails to be shared on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Emails created in and sent by Wix ShoutOut work on any screen size.
3. Exponea is an analytics and engagement automation solution which equips marketers with deep insights about customers, and automates marketing campaign execution processes.
Intuitive dashboards display information, performance indicators and metrics. Detailed customer profiles contain all the user attributes on the basis of their behavioural history.
Analytics help in creating clear customer segments for precision tracking, and provide funnels to identify the gaps which can be filled to increase conversions, and identify trends of repeat purchases.
Exponea includes a marketing automation tool which helps in planning and executing email and SMS marketing campaigns. It also personalises websites for visitors, and recommends products to them on the basis of their past behaviour.
Integration solutions help in connecting the platform with a client’s existing systems and third party applications. The program can be deployed either on premise or hosted in the cloud.
4. Marketo offers a cloud-based email marketing platform for companies of all sizes to manage and monitor engaging customer relationships.
The solution features integrated applications that deliver a range of capabilities, including marketing automation, social marketing, lead nurturing, budget management, analytics, sales insight, and website personalisation.
The software has a native integration with Salesforce.com, Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Sugar CRM. Its bi-directional communication allows sales agents to get a clear picture of the leads in their pipeline and prioritise based on prospect engagement.
5. ActiveCampaign is an integrated marketing and CRM suite with a foundation in email marketing. It is designed for small to mid-sized businesses. The software is designed to help organisations build their contact lists, create professional emails, manage campaigns, track customer behaviour and measure the performance of their marketing campaigns.
The solution’s email marketing and marketing automation applications include drag-and-drop email design, lead capture forms, social integration and tracking, lead segmentation, website tracking and email campaign reporting.
ActiveCampaign integrates with a number of leading CRM solutions and also offers its own sales force automation features, including contact management, drag-and-drop deal tracking, pipeline management and lead scoring.
6. iContact Pro is a marketing automation solution with tools and services for online marketing teams. It is designed for organisations of all sizes. It simplifies marketing automation, and integrates email marketing, landing pages, social media management, and analytics in a comprehensive cloud-based platform.
Users can quickly create effective email campaigns using a vast collection of professional templates, and take advantage of segmentation and testing to target leads, based on a customer’s interactions.
iContact Pro allows users to create attractive mobile-responsive landing pages to drive visitors to their website. The application tracks website activity as well as traffic on email and social networks. By creating customised experiences, users can target customers with the right content at the right time. Users can also optimise their marketing strategies through automatically qualified leads.
The program offers easy to understand analytics so that users can create, track and measure marketing campaigns. The social CRM tracks and records every interaction with possible customers, including emails, social media, landing pages, news release and website visits.
7. Salesforce Marketing Cloud is part of the Salesforce product family and offers a social marketing solution to help businesses create and manage their presence on a variety of social media sites. The program offers multiple functionalities, such as monitoring brand visibility, helping users publish interactive content, and building customer-focused advertising campaigns. The cloud-based system scales easily with any business, and can help to harness the power of social media for any business, irrespective of size of industry.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud features “Workspaces” a collaborative space for teams to engage. The solution also provides a social content marketing tool to help users source, plan, and publish client focused social content.
The solution helps to gauge each conversation that occurs online and use it as a tool for addressing feedback, gaining insight into brand perception, competitors, industry, products, and other business-relevant information.
Users can use the platform and its data analytics to publish relevant content based on information collected from social media.
8. MailChimp is a web-based email marketing service used by millions of users worldwide. The application allows users to share newsletters on various social networks and track customer engagements. The application provides tools to create targeted emails, run Facebook ad campaigns, automate follow-ups and monitor campaign progress, among others.
With MailChimp, users can collect and analyse their email responses. The application offers graphical representations of data and customer interactions in various formats. MailChimp allows users to design, share and track email newsletters from any location. With an interactive drag-and-drop interface, users can create and share attractive email campaigns. The built-in analytics and reporting functionality allows marketers to monitor customer activities or generate ad hoc reports.
MailChimp also offers a mobile-based application for both Android and iOS devices. The application works as a shortcut to reach users’ email marketing accounts, enabling users to receive campaign updates, add subscribers and remain informed about social media activity.
The solution serves a wide range of businesses, from small e-commerce to big online retailers.
9. AWeber provides email marketing services for small businesses. The solution helps automate email follow-ups and delivery of newsletters.
AWeber offers auto-responders that enable businesses to deliver targeted, personalised and timely messages to customers. It allows users to integrate their email marketing accounts with various online services, thus improving information sharing among different corporate functions.
The program lets users insert email subscription forms on their blogs, websites and Facebook pages. Aweber accounts can also be integrated with many shopping cart tools, so that new customers can be added to email lists once they complete a purchase on a user’s website.
Users can also make use of AWeber API, a programming interface, to build their own customised applications and tools to meet their specific requirements.
10. Constant Contact provides a range of intuitive marketing applications designed to help small businesses and non-profits expand their customer bases and nurture relationships. Solutions include email marketing, event marketing, social campaigns and reporting, survey management and offer management – all of which are available either independently or as part of the Constant Contact Toolkit integrated suite.
Constant Contact’s email marketing application allows businesses to import customer data from spreadsheets or email clients, such as Gmail and Outlook. Email sign-up forms can be personalised and embedded on web pages, or on Facebook, to capture new contacts and build email lists. The system offers hundreds of customisable email templates with drag-and-drop elements, and also includes real-time reporting features to track email opens, clicks, forwards, social shares, and more.
How to choose the best Email Marketing Software solutions
There are a number of criteria to use when selecting an appropriate Email Marketing Software solution. These include price, ease of use, and integration with existing company systems and applications.
Potential buyers should review product reviews and both positive and negative feedback from users, either on the websites themselves, product review sites, or on their respective Facebook pages. Then a comparison should be made between the different solutions, determining how they match up for interface, efficiency, features, scalability and other factors.
Types of Email Marketing Software
Whilst Email Marketing Software varies from free and basic tool suites to costly integration CRM and sales automation packages, the main differentiation is between methods of deployment, with on premise installation, Saas (Software-as-a-service), and cloud-hosted systems, as the three main options.
Email Marketing Software is used by companies to send out promotional emails to their customers and potential clients, and to enhance brand awareness. Such systems help organisations target its prospects better, distribute content, and reduce marketing costs.