If you’re facing any kind of criminal charges in the state of Arizona, you’ll need to find the best criminal lawyer in Arizona to represent you.
Finding a criminal lawyer isn’t always an easy process. This is because criminal law includes many different areas for lawyers to specialize in.
Between DUI, murder, robbery and theft, violence, and many other areas, it’s hard to know which lawyer is the best for your situation.
How to Find a Criminal Lawyer
If you’re in the market for a criminal lawyer, there are many ways you can go about finding the best one for you.
- Talk to friends or family who’ve faced the same charges you’re facing and defended against them successfully
- Search Google and look through ratings past clients have given to local lawyers
- Use online lawyer directories to find the best local lawyer near you in Arizona
The problem with trying to do all of this on your own is that it’s difficult to know whether the lawyer will be the best one for your case.
Just because a lawyer may be good in one area of criminal law, doesn’t mean they’ll do a good job in your particular case.
The best way to know this is to look at every aspect of the lawyer’s practice.
- What is the area of law they specialize in?
- How do past clients rate them?
- What is their past record of success?
- How long have they been practicing law?
- Does their communication style suit yours?
Taking all of this into account, you should be able to pinpoint the perfect lawyer for your case.
The Best Criminal Lawyer in Arizona
The following lawyer are some of the best criminal lawyers in Arizona.
Review their website, past client ratings (provided below), and the details about their practice and specialty. By the end of this article you should know which law firm is best for your criminal case.
This law office is located right in downtown Phoenix, AZ.
Areas of specialty handled by lawyers at this law firm include:
- Assault and violence
- DUI and drugs
- Identity theft
- Internet crimes
There are four key members of the team at this law firm.
- David A. Black: Has been practicing criminal law defense since 2008 and has a successful track record defending his clients over the years.
- William Wynn: Has a background in criminal and civil law, and has a great deal of past experience in criminal law.
- Kim Davis: A paralegal with the law firm, she works with clients dealing with criminal charges, and in particular DUI charges.
- Adilene Mercado: The firms legal assistant, Adi assists clients with their entire experience from the start to the finish of their case.
The law office of David Black has a Yelp review from past clients of 5 out of 5 stars.
Past clients state that the lawyers here are very personable and will go above and beyond defending you. They also report that prices are very reasonable. You can contact the firm to get a free consultation.
The Law Office of James Novak is located in Tempe, Arizona.
The areas of criminal law handled by this law firm include:
- Drugs and marijuana
- Assault and other violence
- Theft and burglary
- Sexual offenses
- Felony or misdemeanors
- Disorderly conduct
Criminal defense attorney James Novak has years of experience defending his clients throughout the entire region around Tempe, Arizona.
James has a unique background. He has training in engineering and so has a unique perspective when it comes to things like crime scene investigations, crime lab results, and other areas of criminal investigations.
James Novak has an impressive Google rating of 4.9 out of 5 from 29 past clients.
Clients reported that James was actually able to get criminal cases dismissed for them, and that he’s extremely responsive when they needed to contact him.
Castillo Law is located in Phoenix, Arizona.
Castillo Law helps clients all throughout the state of Arizona with issues like drug offenses, assault charges, burglary, domestic violence, shoplifting and much more.
Lead criminal defense attorneys at the firm include:
- Cindy Castillo: Certified as an Arizona criminal law specialist. She’s already handled over 1000 cases, including jury trials. Her successes include countless negotiated lesser charges, and even dismissals of charges.
- Bill Cronin: A licensed criminal defense lawyer in Arizona since 2002, Bill earned his law degree from California Western School of Law. He has over 12 years of experience, including working for the Mohave County Public Defenders Office.
- Jose Montano: Jose has his law degree from the Arizona State University College of Law and is a member of the State Bar of Arizona. He has defended clients facing white collar crime charges, drug offenses, and more.
Castillo Law has received an impressive 5 out of 5 stars from 16 former clients. Those clients say that the team is professional, and have achieved the best outcome for their cases.
If you live in Arizona and face serious criminal charges, this is one of the best law firms to hire.
Myles Schneider is a criminal defense attorney located in Phoenix, Arizona. As a veteran having served in the 82nd Airborne, you’ll be hard pressed to find anyone who could defend you as strongly as he defended his own country.
After his military service, Myles attended college and worked for a small business before obtaining his law degree from the William Mitchell College of Law.
His focus area of criminal law includes white collar crime within many areas of industry including real estate and construction. He has represented both individuals and companies facing criminal charges, successfully.
Some examples of his successes include the acquittal of a bank teller charged with conspiracy and fraud, defending corporate officers and shareholders against white collar crime charges, and even advises area businesses on how to avoid legal issues in various dealings.
If you do business in Arizona and face serious criminal legal issues, this is the law firm you need to reach out to.
This law firm is located in Phoenix, Arizona.
Areas of specialty covered by this law firm include:
- Child abuse
- Domestic violence
- Drugs and DUI
- Forgery and Fraud
- Vehicular crimes
Joshua S. Davidson was a prosecutor earlier in his career, but transitioned from trying to put people in jail, to trying to defend people from being convicted in the first place.
He has over 20 years of legal experience, specifically in the area of criminal law.
There are just a few Google Reviews from past clients about Joshua, but all of them provided him with a rating of 5 out of 5.
They stated that Joshua fought extremely hard for them in their cases, and in most cases achieved significantly reduced charges on settlements. Clients call him an “aggressive and talented advocate.”
Criminal Lawyers in Arizona
There are many more criminal lawyers in Arizona who are ranked very highly by former clients. They are all extremely experienced and talented lawyers who will defend you well from your criminal charges.
The following are some more of the best criminal lawyers in Arizona.
- The Hogle Law Firm: Offices located in Phoenix, Mesa, Gilbert, and Chandler
- Law Office of Aaron M. Black, PLLC: Located in Phoenix, Arizona
- Orent Law Offices: Office in Phoenix, Arizona
- Law Offices of John Phebus: Offices located in Glendale, Phoenix, Tempe, and Scottsdale
The Best Criminal Lawyer in Arizona
The reality is that there is no single criminal lawyer in Arizona who could be called the “best”. Criminal law is such a broad field, that a lawyer who’s the best in one area may not be the best in all of them.
The best option if you’re facing criminal charges is to locate a lawyer with a record of defending cases like yours well. Then, contact that law firm and request an initial consultation.
The last thing you want to do is face serious legal charges with a sub-par attorney. Do your research, find the best, and then let the best criminal lawyers in Arizona defend you in court.